Friday, February 4, 2011

Soft Structured Carrier Review!

As a Birth Doula and Babywearing advocate, as well as a  mommy with back pain and headaches, I want to find the best way to carry my little one with me, without causing stress on my own body.  Im looking to find what works best for a busy mom whose baby wants to be held,  It is important to me to find a carrier that can be used to breastfeed on the go, and something that can be used front or back from infancy to toddlerhood. I would like to avoid bulkiness without giving up comfort and luxury.  The intimacy and closeness of babywearing, is so essential to me and Baby Grey, that I am determined to find the most comfortable, easiest to use, convenient carrier out there!  Follow along with me in my babywearing journey!

I will be reviewing as many soft structured carriers (SSC's) as I can get my hands on...beginning with the Ergo Original, Becco Butterfly, Boba, and WAHM Mei Tei.

Later I will expand my review to include other types of carriers, such as ring slings, pocket slings, moby wrap, baby nest, baby k'tan, and woven wraps. 

Please feel free to post any and all questions and comments you have and I will do my best to answer them! 




Ok, ready, set, GO!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm loving the Moby for my 5 month old…would love to see discussions of different wrapping styles. I also have the ergo which I love - maybe a breakdown in the different ergo styles? Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your reviews. I have a bad back so that is the most important factor I have to work with. I have the organic Ergo but have a REALLY hard time putting it on. The put the strap across the back (goes from left to right) as low as it can go because that is where it feels the best but it makes it really hard to put on. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry everyone! All my hard work, photos and 5 blogs have been removed! Im so sad and dont know what the heck happened. :-(

    ReplyDelete